This variety is the result of many years breeding; it carries a unique flower for the Genus and has proven itself to be hardy -4°C if treated like a Penstemon. It will not tolerate very wet winter and may need protection in particularly harsh climates. Its long flowering period will be a delight. Stunning photos’ bottom of the page and stockists
I received today 3rd Feb 2017 the plant patent for Antirrhinum ‘Pretty in Pink’ now protected in the USA
US PP27,559 P2
- This is an outstanding new perennial with bright pink tubular flowers.
- Easy to grow.
- Flowers all Summer long until the first frost
- Excellent in a border or large patio container
- Remove the dead flowers for a continuous display.
- Attracts butterflies & bees
- The flowers last up to 14 days in water.
- Hardy -4°C in most free draining soils, similar to a Penstemon or (Gaura most died this winter)
- Best in full sun to dappled shade.
- Less fungal diseases than existing cultivars.
- SEE WINTER NOTES BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
- Rob Hardy. of Hardy’s Cottage Plants told me May 1st 2016 that ‘Pretty and Pink’ had come though the winter at their nursery at Whitchurch Hampshire
“This is a variety we are confident will go on to become a long term garden favourite” said Charles Carr, Production Director of Lowater’s Nursery, (Garden Beauty) November 2014
Launched 18th May 2015 at the Chelsea Flower Show by Hardy’s Cottage Garden Plants
Photo taken by
Best to buy spring 2016
Photos by Peter van Rijssen, of Plantipp & Concept Plants
Do not prune till the spring if very wet or cold for a long period protect with a Victoriana Bell cloche, root 1-2 cuttings PBR protected
I have add Pretty and Pink in a pot for 2-3 years with out damage, but this year the plant was still in flower mid November since then we have had
very heavy rain, gales high temperature 15c on many days followed -5c on several days. even the Buddleja in my garden have got a lot of died back.
Unfortunately it appears to be less hardy than some gardening magazines advertises, it is similar to a Penstemon or Gaura
Is it worth buying I certainly think so.
What other Antirrhinum gives you 3-4 + months of flowers and with no rust or downy mildew
also good as a cut flower
Other colour’s are being developed a new series of Pretty and **** watch this space
Rob Hardy. of Hardy’s Cottage Plants told me May 1st 2016 that ‘Pretty and Pink’ had come though the winter at their nursery at Whitchurch Hampshire
- Cultivar'Pretty In Pink' PMOORE07 EU2014/2703
- Height & Spread60 x 0.75cm
- Plant Breeders RightsPropagation for resale is illegal without a licence from the Agent
- ColoursColours and sizes are approximate and are intended as a guideline and may vary according to local conditions.