Since 1982 I have made hundreds of buddleja crosses the majority rejected within eighteen months. I was somewhat surprised, taken back when in 2009 in a batch of alternifolia hybrids seedlings one plant looked total different to anything I have raised before or every seen.
An alternifolia hybrid flowering on the current year’s wood not only that flowering continues for four to five months.
and even better the flowers have no pollen.
Cuttings were propagated and grown on at Lowaters Nursery and trial samples sent Plantipp BV in Holland and Pat Fitzgerald in Ireland to go into tissue culture.
Agents Trade & Retail Stockist bottom of the page
- Foliage is Silvery green
- Very free flowering and fragrant
- Lilac flowers in early summer through to October
- Compact habit
- Flowers on new seasons wood
- Hardy to -25 Celcius
- Full sun
- Grows in any fertile, well drained soil
- Sterile flowers-set no seed (no pollen)
- Remove dead flowers to stimulate re flowering
- Suitable for a large pot on a patio
As every shoot runs to flower, few cuttings are available and the plants are being raised by tissue culture.
Buddleja alternifolia ‘Unique’ named by Charles Carr
I have complied and funded a web site for the
- Speciesalternifolia hybrid
- CultivarUnique pmoore12
- Height & SpreadHeight & Spread 100cm x 70cm
- Plant Breeders RightsPropagation for resale is illegal without a licence from the Agent
- ColoursColours and sizes are approximate and are intended as a guideline and may vary according to local conditions.