‘Sugar Plum’ is lower growing than many of the other Buddleja; this is a fine new cultivar with long tapering clusters of pinkish red flowers. These look amazing when in full bloom and will attract a wide range of butterflies to the garden. Easy to grow and drought tolerant once established, this undemanding deciduous shrub offers a long season of colour and interest.
- Very hardy
- Any well drained soil
- Hard prune end of March 30 cm. Feed Vitax Q4 end of May
- Prefers a sunny situation
- Compact and more bushy form of Royal Red
- Free branching habit
- Intense red flowers
- Floriferous flowering
- Short internodes
- Best for butterfly attraction
In the display garden at the National Collection Longstock Park Nursery in Hampshire it out performs ‘Miss Ruby’ in that the nursery sells more ‘Sugar Plum’.
Regular removal of spent flowers will extend the flowering period of all summer flowering Buddleja
Links to Agents Trade Retail stockist bottom of the page
Photo Richard Loader
A lovely Garden Tiger moth at Longstock Nursery today 16th July 2015
Longstock Park Nursery will be butterfly heaven for the next two months
ln my garden 1/08/2015
Saleable stock to Garden Centres
- CultivarSugar Plum 'Lonplum' EU34794
- Height & Spread1.5 - 3m x 1.5 m 4-9ft x 4ft
- Plant Breeders RightsPropagation for resale is illegal without a licence from the Agent
- ColoursColours and sizes are approximate and are intended as a guideline and may vary according to local conditions.