Buddleja ‘Silver Anniversary’ is a very silver showy rounded tidy shrub that grows well in heat, loves the sun and absolutely shines in the garden. As a late flowering buddleja it can’t be beaten.
Buddleja ‘Silver Anniversary’ syn B. ‘Morning Mist’ PBR is especially remarkable for its beautiful woolly white foliage, which makes it a lovely addition to a mixed or herbaceous border, creating a strong contrast in hot colour schemes with dark leaved dahlias for example or harmonising with blue, white, pink and soft purple perennials in pastel schemes.
Honey scented white flowers in late summer have a subtle appeal and are attractive to bees and butterflies. Grows 1.2-1.5m (4-5ft) high and wide
Thrives in well drained fertile soil in a sunny, sheltered site. Effective in a patio container which should be overwintered in a frost free place.
- Hard prune late March/early April
- A single application of slow release fertilizer during spring would be beneficial to overall performance
- Stunning silver foliage making a fabulous foil for other plants
- Therefore it is excellent in a container or the herbaceous border
- Well drained fertile soil
- Best in full sun
- Clusters of white mustard coloured eyes and honey scent flowers from mid summer to the hard frost of winter
- Attracts bees and butterflies.
- Hardy to -15°C root hardy -20°C, therefore it is excellent in a container or the herbaceous border
- B. ‘Silver Anniversary’ is sterile and does not set seed.
Remove dead flowers to prolong the flowering period
Retail stockist bottom of the page
Quality plants grown for the Garden Centre market
Plantipp BV (EU, Asia, Australia, NZ)
Saleable stock to Garden Centres
B. ‘Silver Anniversary’ is sterile and does not set seed. It will also not pollinate other buddleja
Flower of the Day – Silver Anniversary Butterfly Bush
Today’s flower of the day is Silver Anniversary Butterfly Bush. This silver leafed version of a butterfly bush is perfect for a white garden! Its lovely scent attracts butterflies and hummingbirds to your garden all summer long. It blooms summer to early fall in full sun for lucky zones 7-9.
- Speciescrispa x loricata
- CultivarSilver Anniversary, Morning Mist EU17712 USA Patent
- Height & Spread1.5-2m x 1.5 m (3-4 ft x 3-4 ft) by the end of the summer if hard pruned in April
- Plant Breeders RightsPropagation for resale is illegal without a licence from the breeder or Agent.
- ColoursColours and sizes are approximate and are intended as a guideline and may vary according to local conditions.