This hybrid was the first cultivar of an ongoing breeding programe .
In 1997 one plant threw up a tall shoot and when it opened it looked just like a Crown Imperial (Fritillary plant).
Praise for O. ‘Crown Imperial’, it is a stately eye-catching plant producing deep red buds that open to reveal silk lemon petals coupled with attractive glossy green foliage.
This is truly a winning combination, ‘Crown Imperial’ certainly lives up to it regal name.
- Any garden soil
- Clumps with large rich green leaves
- Bright yellow flowers
- Summer flowering
- A perfect choice for cut flowers
- Gardens, borders, containers and mixed beds
- Deer resistant
Click onto the Charity link below, launched in aid of the Greenfinger Appeal 2001
- Cultivar'Crown Imperial'
- Height & SpreadHeight 40/50 cm
- Plant Breeders Rights--
- ColoursColours and sizes are approximate and are intended as a guideline and may vary according to local conditions