Weigela is small genus of about 10 species of hardy flowering shrubs native to the temperate E Asia, they are very decorative and easily grown shrubs excellent for town gardens particularly in industrial areas.
Weigela ‘Ruby Anniversary’ is an ideal present
- It is a very hardy deciduous shrub
- Will grow in any fertile soil
- Sun or shade
- Compact, upright, even branching
- Elliptic, bronze-flushed dark green leaves that turn orange in autumn
- Ruby red flowers from late spring into summer
- Prune after flowering no later than mid June. Cut the flower shoots nearly to ground level
- You will be rewarded with an abundance of flowers the following spring
Sizes are approximate and are intended as a guideline a and may vary according to local conditions.
Ruby red flowers from late spring into summer.
Fiery orange leaves in the autumn
Exclusively propagated & marketed by Seiont & Lowaters Nursery
Saleable to Garden Centres
- Cultivar‘Ruby Anniversary’ 1995
- Height & Spread40 - 60 m x 1.5 - 2m
- Plant Breeders RightsExclusively propagated & marketed by Seiont & Lowaters Nursery PBR
- ColoursRuby red flowers from late spring into summer