Buddleja ‘Longstock Gem’ can be seen at Longstock Park Gardens, it is in the National Collection of Buddleja (bed by the summer house).
Useful information and photos can be found on Buddleja at:
- A very hardy early flowering deciduous shrub
- Will grow in any well drained soil
- Sun or shade
- Flowers in spring before B. alternifolia
- Has larger flowers than B. alternifolia with a scent.
- Attractive oak shaped leaves that change to maroon and yellow in the autumn
- Excellent screening plant.The garden birds love it in my garden. In the winter they roost in as it is close to the bird table.
- This is a sterile buddleja DOES NOT SEED.
Remove all the old flowering shoots before the end of June. It pays to reduce the height by at least 50% left unpruned
it will get very large.
- Speciesagathosma x alternifolia 1998
- Cultivar'Longstock Gem'
- Height & Spread2-3m x 2.5m Prune After Flowering in June
- Plant Breeders RightsExclusively propagated and marketed by Lowaters Nursery (Garden Beauty)
- ColoursColours and sizes are approximate and are intended as a guideline and may vary according to local conditions.